1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why does my mouse pointer freeze?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barbraann, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbraann

barbraann Thread Starter

While I am surfing, my mouse cursor commonly freezes for several seconds while there are items still loading from a web page. The hard disc then activates and the cursor is freed. Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to live with it?

I am running a Logitech mouse, Dell Pentium III, 352 MB ram, on a dial-up connection. I have gone into 'mouseware' to set the properties and have set the cursor speed and acceleration to the maximum. I've tried changing all those settings including the box marked 'use Office 97 compatible scroll only', the number of lines scrolled.

I'm stumped, and obviously computer-challenged. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Welcome to TSG!
    How many Mhz machine? Are you running any firewall?

The more info you provide, the more help we can give! :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice