Why does my PC lag/crash so much?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spewmash

My PC is lagging very badly as usual. It can't even handle Google Chrome even with such a good configuration. I use softwares like Adobe Photoshop, After FX, Nuke etc and I'm doing only basic work in these applications. It's only rarely that I'm able to use my pc otherwise I'm subscribed to receiving messages like "Ctrl alt del to restart" while booting up. Please help!!

My PC specs:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B85M-DS3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8006MB RAM
Page File: 1657MB used, 8268MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 96 MB
Shared Memory: 1696 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I use Intel's graphic card which comes with the processor.

Last edited:
Hi,

When your pc is on the go-slow are any of your resources spiking under task manager? How long has it been performing like this?

Thanks

Steve

"My PC is lagging very badly as usual"
When you say this, does that mean it lagged straight from the box? If not, how long has this lagging been going on?
What type of Anti-Virus do you use?
Have you run Malwarebytes and/or other anti malware software to see if you have any malware or virus' bogging down your system?
Do you have the latest drivers and MS updates on your machine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online