1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Does Outlook Express Not Check Certain Email Accounts That I Have?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bizwiz2, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Home. I use Outlook Express as my email program. I have a number of accounts set up in OE. I have checked the box that says to "include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing." For a long time it worked fine. But lately there is a problem.

First of all, when I click the drop down list from my send/receive button, I notice that the first 10 accounts are listed alphabetically. Then the next seven are alphabetical. Then the next ten. Then the next 18 are alphabetical. Finally, the last 14 are alphabetical. I don't know why it lists alphabeticaly for a while and then starts over periodically. But the problem occurs with the last 14.

For some reason, when OE automatically checks my email accounts it is not checking those accounts. Even if I press the Send/Receive button or select receive all, those accounts are not checked. The only way I get my email from those accounts is to select them individually from the drop down list. It's only started doing this recently. How can I fix it? Thanks.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi bizwiz2

I am reading that right? You have 59 e-mail accounts in one Identity?

It sounds like you setup those accounts at different times and when you did, Outlook Express alphabetized the additional accounts after the first set and so on.

Have you tried removing all the accounts and recreating them to see if all alphabetize as one group? Yes, it sounds tedious though if you have created .iaf files of your e-mail accounts as backups, then you could simply Import them back into Outlook Express.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/587214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice