1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rebon, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Well where do i start? Basically i seem to have a prob with some web sites, in particular forum sites.

What seems to happen in most cases is that i try to logon to a site that i have registered with in the past or a new site i chooose, but i just carnt logon ( the sites keep asking me to logon).

This is usually a new or existing forum and i dont seem to be able to logon with my username and password as i used to, or even new username password?

For instance this web site where i used to be able to download files i need http://www.close-combat.net./index.php i can get to the web page but if i try to logon i get no joy, for this and many more sites?

I previously had no probs with this so im thinking what have i changed to alter my settings.

All i can think of is a programme called "addshield" which basically stops unwanted popups. I found it was restricting my surfing so much i had to uninstall it.

But i seem to still have a prob, for instance i can logon to this forum ok but if i go to the above website and try to logon....no joy :confused:

However if i go to the milatary gamers forum and select a link on the forum to the above website ( close-combt.net ) i can logon but i get the images as a small red X and not the images i should be seeeing? So im even more confused :confused:

So im here to ask if anyone knows if they know of any settings i may have changed in the past that would cause such a prob for me?

thx...rob

2. brianF

brianF

moving to web and email forum

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I assume that you use IE. But whatever be your browser, I think you need to enable cookies to be able to login at sites.

In IE, go to Internet Options > Privacy and check your cookie settings.

In Netscape 7, go to Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Cookies and change the options.

Installing addshield must have changed the settings.

4. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Yes addshield seems to have altered a few settings, so i set up as default and now it seems ok :D

thx...rob

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Glad to know things are back in order :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice