Why Does This Happen??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gudda96

Merry xmas to all, especially those patient members who help me from time to time.

I have started getting an error message telling me I cannot delete file/folder.

Its not a major problem as someone advised me to install "Move on Boot" prog which does what it says when rebooting, the file goes but its a nuisance and I want to know how to stop it happening. And MAYBE to do with it, after opening/closing a file in Word, a copy has been made.

Attachments

This just happens beacuse windows or a program is still using the file / folder. This just helps programs not to crash/ loose data etc

Say if u have a word doc open you will be unable to delete it because it is being used. You will the be able to delete after you close word becuse the file is no longer in use

I know that much i was just providing a simple example on what windows does to prevent files that are in use from being deleted, very much the same thing
Windows maybe using the file for a number of reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online