Why is about 5 inches of my screen wavy?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeAgain------

I've got a new computer and the monitor(that I can't return) has a fainty "spot" on the right side of my screen(about 3"wide and 5" high) that is very faintly darker than the rest of my screen.

And it "vibrates" slightly, making the right third of my screen also vibrate slightly.

What causes that?...and what can I do to make it go away, please?

Are there any speakers or something else that may have a magnet near it on that side? They can cause problems if strong enough.

joeAgain------

no, N2gun
there is nothing electrical on that side.

what else could cause this annoying effect?

My old monitor was doing something similar just before it died. It was on the left side on mine and was intermittant.

Have you tried it on another computer or a different monitor on that one?

That way you would isolate the problem some.

joeAgain------

N2Gun,
Did you get a bunch of blue screens before your monitor cratered?
(I am now, but don't know if it is related)

cybertech

Retired Moderator
joe,
That would be a good place to start searching for hardware problems related to your other post. Do you have a different monitor to use for a while?

Cell phones and cordless phones are also a common cause. As well as faulty wiring, or too much interference on that line.
To eliminate any outside interference as the cause, I would recommend taking Just the computer, keyboard, mouse, and monitor to another outlet somewhere else in the house, and see if the problem remains. If it does, your monitor is most likely going bad.

Did you get the monitor from a retail store?

Also.. if it was like that when you bought it, they should definately have to let you swap it.. or did you buy it from someone?

Mine kept it up for a month then when I turned it on one morning it was dead. It varied in color at times but don't remember exactly what colors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.