1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is it soooo slow!?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Krystal, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystal

Krystal Thread Starter

Hey There!

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. (Please dont use too many big computer words as I'm a little tech challenged ;) )

I just got an ADSL connection, using a Linksys Modem (WAG54G). It's all connected as i can use the internet, except theres a few sites, ebay, hotmail and yahoo! mail for example that i cant view without "Cannot find server" and similar msg's appearing (The sites that are the main problem seem to be 'login in' type sites). Plus, when i can eventually view these sites, they are soooo slow to load and sometimes they end up just giving me another error msg (what a surprise)!! It's slower than dial up pretty much and this slow download time is why i changed to adsl!!!

I talked to my isp (dodo if anyone here is from oz) and they told me to change my Internet Explorer settings and I did all of that and nothing changed.

I run Windows 98 so i thought maybe my computer was too old for this type of connection but my boyfriend connects using his laptop through some big worded wireless connection thingy and has the same trouble, and he uses the latest Windows XP.

If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated 'cos it is soooo frustrating!!!

Thanks guys!

2. vohoanglam

vohoanglam

Hi there!

neither Windows 98 nor XP is not a matter! You should check your Internet setting as the ISP asked!
    Or you can ask a technician guy for help! It's the best way! Cause you said your computer skill is not good! So, ask from friend then!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice