1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is my ad hoc connection not giving out a signal?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jose_E_Molina, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jose_E_Molina

Jose_E_Molina Thread Starter

I got a new laptop with windows 7 and everything was perfect. I was using the Ad-Hoc connection for my Itouch and it was working fine. Now my adhoc connection does not give out a signal. When I look at the connection it says Signal Strength: No Signal? What can I do please help!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Are you using an integrated wireless adapter? If so, is it switched on?

3. Jose_E_Molina

IDK what you mean like I use a wired modem and connect it to my laptop and the laptop distributes a signal but it wont anymore?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I made some assumptions. Maybe we better check them out for validity.

I assumed that "Itouch" meant an iPod Touch, with built-in Wi-Fi. Correct? If not, please describe more fully.

I assumed that " ad hoc connection" meant ad-hoc wireless or ad-hoc Wi-Fi? Correct? If not, please explain.

If both above assumptions are correct then you are using, or trying to use, a wireless adapter with the laptop. I want to know if the adapter is integrated or an external card (USB or PCMCIA or ExpressCard). If it is an integrated adapter I want to know whether it is switched on or off.

5. Jose_E_Molina

everything is like you say but idk what you mean by the adapter?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/890653