1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is my GTX 1060 Rubbish? Stutters - all Games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ASPWLF, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASPWLF

ASPWLF Thread Starter

it cant run any games without stutterso...

i play assassins creed origins , forza horizon 3, nfs payback and most of all GTA V REDUX MODall stutter dont even reach 50fps ............. yet then why are youtubers posting 60fps ultra on games the SAME ONES BTW! ???

literally all these games people benchmark easy 1080p 60fps mainly ultra settings or high absolute minimal is medium but thats rare soooobasically what i have to do is cap the fps to 30 and thats it .... and even then i get stutters so idk wtf its doingidk how to test but only thing i can see is in task manager is ram is at 70% and cpu is mainly at 100% XD but yeah...

.i had a gtc 1050 2gb before and well i got to say.. its not a great improvement it really isntsure my 1050 couldnt actaully run like example gta v over 40 while this can ... BUT I STILL CANT beacuse i now have to cap it to 30fps beacuse i get HUGE HUGE HUGE fps drops and stutters in all games...

idk what to doi am consider putting the 1050 back in tbh beacuse at least i dont have to cap at 30 to not get alot of stutters

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Gaming performance is equal parts cpu (with motherboard/RAM) and the video card.

Based strictly on what you have shared, I'd say you are hardware (ie: cpu) capped.

Basis troubleshooting will help. For example, if you lower the resolution and/or quality settings and the game run faster, then you are seeing a hardware limitation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice