1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is my internet connection still lagging even though line quality checks out good?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by doesnotkompute, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doesnotkompute

doesnotkompute Thread Starter

Okay, I am on a 30/4 cable connection. I've had issues with packet loss, then high ping times high jitter, etc. but all that was corrected by the techs. I currently have perfect trace routes, perfect line quality tests, ping tests, speed tests, etc. All indicators that I know to look at consistently show a very solid connection. Also, I am hard-wired, not wireless. My computer is clean and fast.

However, I still have this issues where some websites don't perform correctly. For example, if I open an Ebay listing, the photos hosted by Ebay take forever and ever to load, even though if someone is also hosting their own much larger photos on the page, those load readily and quickly.

On other sites, such as Yahoo homepage, imdb.com, YOUTUBE, google maps, or similar sites which have a lot of small things to load, the page never seems to finish loading with it saying "wait for... " at the bottom...in other words, I don't really see anything missing but the green twirly thing on the Firefox tab keeps spinning as if the page will never finish. However, with other sites that I frequent, including this one, the pages load very nicely and fast as they should. Trace routes to the offending sites all look very nice, as well.

Any realistic ideas please..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice