1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is my new Lenovo 33os laptop so slow?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Judder Dust, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Judder Dust

Judder Dust Thread Starter

Hi guys I've just bought a new laptop but it's notably slower than my old Toshiba one. It's acting like it's 5 years old despite being brand new, or as if it's filled with viruses (which it isn't as I've checked).

Does anyone know why it's so slow? Is there anyway to speed it up? I'm beginning to regret my purchase.

Thanks

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

3. replay

replay

If you just purchased it and not happy with its performance
    Like any item you buy...... return it and try a different make/model
    Simple!

Johnny b likes this.
  4. Judder Dust

Thanks guys. I might have to return it because it's beyond crap.

5. Shenifeland

Shenifeland

Could be due to a number of reasons. Did a quick Google though and seems that many others share the same complaint. Removing bloatware and making sure the drivers are updated were among the recommended solutions.

6. Judder Dust

Here's that information btw

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 17 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3486 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Mobile Graphics, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (890 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, LNVNB161216
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Well that pretty much answers the question. You have a low end processor and only 4gig of ram. This system is fine for basic use ie running office, email, web access, etc. If you purchased this system with the idea of running games or other cpu intensive tasks, you will be disappointed.
    Since you have a 64bit operating system, you could add another 4gig of ram and that will improve performance somewhat however do not expect miracles.

8. Judder Dust

Hi crjdriver. I'm not gaming but using very basic programmes like Firefox and wordpad. It's still hopelessly slow and I get the 'not responding' message a lot.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Laptops come with a LOT of bloatware from the factory. You can try uninstalling this unneeded stuff however as posted above IF you are not happy with this purchase, return it and go with a higher end laptop.

10. Judder Dust

Thanks for the advice. I'm kind of a noob and don't know how to remove bloatware, how do I do it?

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I use CCleaner however you can also uninstall from control panel>programs and features.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice