1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is the first playstation refered to as the "PSX"?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Lichemperor, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Lichemperor

Lichemperor Thread Starter

Hey, so I've been wondering for a while....
    Why is the original playstation now being reffered to as the PSX?
    I'm sure it was PS1 not two years ago. When did this happen?
    I know for years it was always reffered to as PS1 or prior to the second console simply the PS.
    Any clues or views?

2. Dude044

Dude044

Hi Lichemperor . PSX was a Sony digital video recorder with fully integrated PlayStation. If you want more info you can read it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(DVR) as far as i know the X is short for XrossMediaBar (graphical user interface ) hope that answers your question . Dude044

3. Lichemperor

Lichemperor Thread Starter

Thanks, I did not know about that!
    Still unsure as to why original playstation games are refered to as PSX games the majority of the time now though = / I understand a bit more now though :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice