Why is the hard-drive working the whole time?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digitized

It sounds like the hard-drive of this computer is working non-stop, sounds like it's way to busy for what I'm doing.

Below is a link to screen-shots of all the processes and services --way too many I think. Was wondering if someone could take a look and see if it's all legit. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/Uxxe5Ci

digitized

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3895 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 217 GB (22 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 304Ah
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Oh your hard drive will damaged. Clean your c drive. I think it shows now in red colour

plodr

Liz
Hard Drives: C: 217 GB (22 GB Free)
A hard drive needs 15% - 20% free. Yours has a shade above 10%. You need to move files off, delete what you aren't using so the hard drive has breathing room.

Your imgur is too hard to read.
Why bother posting all the items that are stopped? No one wants to spend the time wading through all of that.

CPU usage sits at 5% so no problem with that.

digitized

@plodr didn't realize about the stopped processes, sorry. If you click on the image on imgur.com it should zoom in to full size.

It's not just the hdd space,but the immense amount of processes and services you have running.83 processes is quite high.Alot of uneeded programs running in the background and at startup.

Your physical memory is also extremely high which just factors in to whats running in the background.
With that said,this is why your hdd is running constantly.

Clean up your hdd (uninstall any programs you dont use,delete or transfer pictures/videos), disable all unnecessary programs at startup through the msconfig utility.
After that,defrag your hdd.

There seems to be quite a few services also that can be set to manual,however we can get to that after you have completed the tasks i have mentioned above.Please post back with your results.

managed

Allan
Use Disk Cleanup first as shown in my post #7, it's part of Windows and will not remove anything you really need.

If you get Glary Utilities do NOT use the registry cleaner, that type of program often does more harm than good.

digitized

I did the disk cleanup but it didn't find anything because I already used Ccleaner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online