1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is there no white in photoshop on my new pc

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by COOKIES756565, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. COOKIES756565

COOKIES756565 Thread Starter

Hi, i recently downloaded photoshop on my new pc and i have no white? All text and pictures just show a pinky white colour but on my old laptop its fine. Can anyone help please?

Attached Files:

2. Sponsor

3. LIS333

LIS333

In the lower left on your tool bar, three tools up, there's a yellow/white dual box. To the upper left corner next to it is a black/white box. Click it. To toggle between them, just toggle the two headed arrow to the upper right of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. COOKIES756565

Still shows a creamy colour.

Attached Files:

5. LIS333

LIS333

For RGB, type in 255 for each. That is absolutely white. If it looks creamy to you, it's not the color, it's your screen. You'll need to profile it. Most screens are not identical in the way they present color. They need to be profiled and calibrated to the printer you'll be using. BTW, speaking professionally, I would never recommend using a toner or injet printer to ever. No matter what in, printer or substrate, the image will be fragile, prone to fading and expensive. Dye sublimation or chromogenic is best. You'll wan it printed through a regular lab. Better more durable result and a very price is a bonus.

6. LIS333

LIS333

If your not printing it, won't matter.

7. COOKIES756565

Yea i won't be printing, think its the screen to as its new. What will i have to do in the monitor settings to fix this?

8. LIS333

LIS333

Well, I'd read the manual. There should be a physical menu button, perhaps on the edge of the bezel, allowing you to get into settings and in combination with + - buttons, adjust brightness, contrast and color. You can eyeball it or purchase a colorimeter and software to get it in. I used to do that, but the one I own isn't compatible with Windows 10. I haven't gotten around to buying a new one yet.

9. kenbok51

kenbok51

Some monitors have a simple color setting like Cool1 Cool2 or normal. There can also be a color tone adjustment slider (RBG) between red and blue with the center being white as well as your basic Brightness Contrast and Color intensity settings etc. I know adjusting mine (buttons under the bezel) is a total pain in the you know what. They're not visible and the markings at the front of the bezel are so low contrast I need a magnifying glass to see them. It's like a guessing game and very frustrating. I hope yours are at least on the side.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187031