1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why is Zone Alarm taking so much memory?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by bobbyjonesrocks, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbyjonesrocks

bobbyjonesrocks Thread Starter

I used to have Norton internet security 2006. I was a little disappointed that it was taking up a lot of memory (or so I thought). I went ahead and install Zone Alarm 2007 because of rave reviews from Cnet.com saying that it was accurate in its scans and took up a little system resources. Now, vsmon.exe is taking up at least 40,000 k in my task manager. Also, there is at least 3-5 processes of Zone Alarm always running. Do anyone have any suggestions?

2. pfurball

pfurball

Hi bobbyjonesrocks,
    Zone Alarm takes up a lot less memory and processing room than Nortons and doesn't slow down your system anywhere near as much. I also consider it more accurate at protecting your system. ZA has several processes running at the same time to protect different incoming/outgoing applications such as email, messenger,as well as realtime running protection (if you have the security suite) but still manages not to slow your system down. If you have the security suite, it also takes a snapshot of how your system is set up to protect your settings and configurations, so that ZA knows if something is trying to change or tamper with them.By the way, unless you have serious storage problems, 40000kb is nothing!
    Regards Paula :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice