1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Me?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Tuppence2, Feb 3, 2003.

Mark Solved
Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest Thread Starter

Hello,

"Why me?" I once read that the question should really be "Why Not Me?" Each of us is open to the human condition. No one is exempt from the trials and ills that life brings with it.

As I grow older, I begin to look at life as a "one way" path. It may lead to may places, but I can never walk back to a place along its way.

Letting go of the past seems to be a way to some sort of ease.
    Clinging to the past and its occurrences, things we can have no control over or alter in cannot alter any way, leads to discontent, ill-being and depression. Or so it seems to me.

For many years I have ben puzzled by the words "Let the dead take care of the dead (a Bible quote - I am not sure). Perhaps it means that however much we want to, we cannot do any more to care for those who no longer live. We can chose to continue with life, trying not to dwell on the things that we cannot change.

Amidst the cruelty and conflict around us, there are still things for which I can be joyful. The "little" things of life: the first snowdrops of the year (I saw them this morning in the garden), the young trees in a newly planted wood that I pass each day; bird song; laughter; growing things; friendship and kind words - the list is endless.

This is my way of dealing with life, each of us has their own way.
    It would be interesting to hear yours.

Penny

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Penny: I used to look around at others who were living a great life and occassionally think "why not me!" :) But we are all given a lot in life and have to make the best of it! I'm content at this point in my life..because there are bad things I just can't change...but there is also good that gives me hope! Like having my son. :) I once led a charmed life but that was gone in a day with health trouble. But HEY....at least I'm still alive! It's easy to crawl into a pit and let life pass you by....been there, done that. But I know the Lord has given me choices...I haven't always chosen the right ones...but I'm getting better at it lately. :) The tears still flow, the pain still hangs around...but there is light through the darkness! Thanks for this thread. Take care. angel :)

3. Tuppence2

Hello Angel. thank you for your thoughts.

:)

4. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Generally, I follow this quote;

RULES FOR HANDLING STRESS
    1. "Don't sweat the small stuff"
    2. "It's all small stuff"

That generally works for everything except grief.
    Today, I am in mourning, and that phrase means NOTHING.

However, your posts has helped to lighten my grief. Thanks Penny.;)

5. Tuppence2

Hello LM,

I am pleased the post was of some use. Keep hanging in there, as they say, and I hope you will soon be feeling much better. How is your wife?

Best wishes,
    Penny.

6. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Hiya Penny,
    Wife has hopped back OFF the wagon. Now she's mixing with the designer meds. I won't touch a drop, because I am trying to help her shake the habit. She says I am trying to make her feel guilty, and wants me to drink with her. I will continue to refuse. It is up to her to want to quit badly enough. I am gentle, and I hold her a lot more these days. She's doing better physically, though. Her MRA came back with good news. Kidneys are fine, liver has only minor damage.
    Anyway, I'm a hopeless optimist. HEY! that's my new oxy-moron. "Hopeless Optimist":D
    Thanks for the kind words.
    ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice