Why my desktop shuts down after a few minutes?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Diesel17

Hi, this is my very first post, and would like to know if you guys can pls help me with a solution to my problem, which is now really starting to annoy me, well i have recently reinstalled my desktop with Windows 7 ultimate, cause i was hoping that would solve the problem. but it didnt change anything, i have a custom built desktop, it has 3Gb RAm, with a intel core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, got a ATI Radeon HD 5700, my operating system in Windows 7 Ultimate. i have dusted off all harware, and cleaned all my fans but the problem continues, so if u have any advice or solutions to this problem it would be much apreciated!!

flyer0101

Dylan
Welcome to TSG :)

Well generally the computer will shut it self down to prevent over heating but there are a few questions if you could answer them please i'm sure it will help us to find out your problem.

Have you installed all the drivers for your computer.

Have you removed the CPU from the Motherboard at all

Did you build the PC yourself?

Diesel17

ya i read that up but cant find a solution to it. well yes i have installed all the drivers for it, also i didnt build it myself, was built by an expert. no i have havent removed my CPU.

flyer0101

Dylan
Ok, well I'd recommend that you download and install HWmonitor

Take a screenshot of the first page you see when you start up HWmonitor and post it here.

Diesel17

kk will do tomo as right now i am unable to get to my desktop, on my laptop atm!! will post asap.

Could you also confirm that all of your desktop's fans are spinning correctly and without any issues? Check the CPU heatsink as well. It might be clogged (dust is constantly gathered along the heatsink).

Diesel17

yes my fans are all clean and spinning properly. checked my heat sinks and they are all fine aswell.
how can i post that image??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online