1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why search engine seems updating but not actually does?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chueh, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chueh

chueh Thread Starter

I moved slightly more than 2 months ago, so I updated all the information wherever my business was to the new location. However, I still have gotten calls from the town I used to live but not the new one.

I tried searching my business to check if it's all updated throughout all the sites. Every site I posted has been updated, so I wonder why others still found me from the old location???

Thank you in advance for answering

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Some possible explanations:

It is possible that some business directory web sites still have your old address listed and happen to be configured so that the information is not available to search engines. You would have no way of finding them using a search engine to look for your business name.

If your business is listed in any printed directories, it may take a year before new, updated directories are printed and distributed.

If you ever gave out business cards or promotional literature with your old address, people may have filed them away for future reference and are now finally contacting you.

The best way to find out why people from your old town are contacting you would need to ask the callers from your old town as to how they found the contact information.

3. chueh

chueh Thread Starter

Thank you cwwozniak.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice