1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why the Large Fonts Here?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Steve-x8086, Apr 6, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    Hi. Why are the fonts so large now? They are about 3 times the size that they used to be. Instead of seeing a thread on 1 page we have to scroll down now.

I did see a comment about small fonts in this forum but really now.

My font selector is on smallest and the current font is still much larger. It doesn't matter if you are on a Thread or on the Forums page.

Please change the font back to the regular size used in the previous years.

Thank you, Steve-x8086

2. hewee

hewee

Fonts are the same size as before Steve.
    This is a screen shot from a screen setting I have of 1024x768 on my 19" monitor.

Attached Files:

• font.jpg
      font.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Hewee - I am using a 800x600 setting on a 17" monitor and it is the same as I have always used. Only this site has changed. I will try and Paste a Screen Shot below:

Can't Paste here. I'll look for another way to get it here.

Tried to Upload an attachment .jpg but nothing happened.

Steve-x8086

4. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Here it Is. Must have been a Pause in the Net.

Attached Files:

5. hewee

hewee

Screen size can effect the font size.
    I made the screen size bigger and the text gettings even smaller.
    I took a screen shot of it to post but then it showes up the same size font.
    Crazy here because I don't know why it changed the size of the font.

On the post I can see more text per line and they also show up in the screen shots so why the screen shots are not the same as I was seeing I just don't get it. Maybe you need to reboot the PC. As you can see in the image you have less text in the one line at the higher setting so the text has to be smaller to do that.

Ok let me see if I can test the font here in the post by picking from the size above.

Test font 1
    Test font 2
    Test font 3
    Test font 4

Looks like I am see font 2 as the default size of the text here. What I seen at the higher setting was font 1 size or just a little bigger.

Attached Files:

6. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    This problem only started when this version of ubb was used. I don't have the problem anywhere else.

I also noticed that on the topic page listing the threads, the title of the thread appears differently on mine. It appears in 3 rows instead of 1. Mine titles are not the only ones that do that.

Last, I went to the Display Modes link but it downloaded for a while then flashed a Done at the bottom. I never saw any kind of a Modes page. It remained the thread I was at.

I have rebooted several times, have checked for viruses, don't have any games or other programs running, ScanDisked and Defraged. No change.

Is it possible that this new version of ubb is incompatibable with W-95? That would be a tragedy. As I have read various posts, I have noticed that there are some bugs being commented on in this version. You know, sometimes when a new version of software comes out, it is not always better. Often things are lost in the new version.

Thanks for your help, Steve-x8086

7. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    While in Harrisburg tonight, I used the site today at 800x600 with ie5.5 on win95 and it worked great -- although a little slow compared to my P4. You might want to check View -> Text Size and check for Medium or smaller and also Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessability and make sure nothing's turned on. Let me know what you find!

8. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    OK. The 1st screen below is the way it used to appear.
    The second screen is how it appears now.

Attached Files:

9. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Looks like you have fonts set too big or not to access our CSS -- check the settings mentioned above -- also, what browser are you using?

'Night!

10. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Mike. I checked and all Font sizes are "Smallest". Not sure what you are looking for in Internet Options. The fonts used are Courier and Times. The Font is Smallest. I am only having this problem here and have never experienced it before.

Thanks, Steve-x8086

11. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    *sigh*

Did you check the Accessibility options to make sure none are checked (see my other post)? And what browser?

'Night for real. ;)

12. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Nothing is checked there. I am using IE 4.0 with SP2. What is CCS?

13. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
  14. Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    No, he did mention it to me here in his 1st post to me. I just overlooked it.

15. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    IE4?

No offense, but you are in serious need of an upgrade. There's a lot of webpages and things like scripts and plug-ins that don't work with v4 any more. :( There's also serious security problems. It also probably doesn't support the new 128 bit security encryption.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice