1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Why this ram is not working in my mobo.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by legendaryman, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. legendaryman

legendaryman Thread Starter

My mobo is hp compaq 6000 and i purchased a hyperx fury ramhttp://, but it's giving me a 5 beeps error which means memory problem. Can you please tell me what's going wrong here and this ram is perfectly working in other machines.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is performance ram and needs a higher vdimm ie ram voltage. You are never going to be able to set vdimm on a hp motherboard.

legendaryman likes this.
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

4. legendaryman

legendaryman Thread Starter

i agree with that but the product page says that the ram will work even at a low voltage of 1.35v its mentioned in above pdf. So i thought technically it should work. Is their way to get this working like doing something with power supply cables etc.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

That memory is not compatible with your motherboard. Just because it is DDR3 doesn't mean it will fit your board. Your board requires 512Meg x 64 chips, that Kingston module you linked to has 512M x 8-bit chips. Did you look at the Kingston memory finder to see if it was compatible?
    The closest I could find on your computer on the Kingston site is here for a System Specific Memory for HP/Compaq Compaq Pro 6300 MT/SFF https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=2&Mfr=HEW&Line=Compaq Pro&Model=78105 You would need to call an ask Kingston
    Also The fastest the memory would run would be 1333mhz depending on what CPU you had .I have a 775 board also and Crucial was the only place I could find that had 4 GB sticks for my board. Unfortunately your memory shows to be out of stock.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    legendaryman likes this.
  6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you want memory that is going to work, you need to purchase memory that has been tested and found to work; like the link I posted. You do not have to purchase the memory from crucial. You can buy it from newegg, amazon, whomever as long as it is the same part#

Just my opinion however putting any money into that old of tech is NOT cost effective. Unless you get the memory for free, it is not worth investing in new memory. That system is approx 10yr old now and is not really worth putting anything into upgrading.

legendaryman likes this.
  7. lynx1021

lynx1021

Crucial makes it hard to match up part numbers . When you look up the memory for your board they show like a in-house part number and when you buy it from them it will have a different one on the sticker. I don't trust Newegg accuracy in their memory finder, I have seen it show 8GB modules for a board that maxes out with 4GB modules. Who ever you buy from make sure they say it works on your board or your money back.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    legendaryman likes this.
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice