1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why to instal .Net Frame Work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wisam-mo, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisam-mo

wisam-mo Thread Starter

hello there,
    I have some questions about some windows programs...
    so, why to install .Net Frame Work???
    do I have only to instal .Net Frame 3.5, or also I have to install the versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 with the 3.5 version...
    do I have to install them on windows xp,vista,7 (all of them).
    what about thier updates?
    where to download them from?

what about MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?
    what is it? is it important to install it? what versions of windows have this program to be installed on...

is there other programs like these have to be installed at my windows versions...

thanks...

2. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

The .net framework is a runtime that some software developers use to code their programs. Unless you need the software for use with an application, installation is not really necessary.

In my experience, the .net 3.5 Framework should include all previous versions, however I have seen one or two applications that require the 1.1 Framework and will not work without it. Your mileage may vary.

The C++ redistributable is similar to the .net Framework. It is a runtime for some applications and really only needs to be installed when needed.

You can download the .net Framework from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

.. and the C++ Redist: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Again, I would only install these products if you are installing an application that states you must install it. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting space.

Hope this helps!
    --- Russ

3. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!