1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why use G-Mail and not Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wisedave, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wisedave

wisedave Thread Starter

Hello,

As the title suggests...what are some reasons to use G-Mail instead of my current Outlook 2010? I have seen some people's emails to me that say something along the line of the email sent from 'person x' via gmail....

Any ideas or direction would be great!

Many thanks!,

Dave

2. valis

valis Moderator

I, personally, do not like gmail's privacy issues......so I don't use them. That said, out of 20 acquaintances of mine, 18 will probably have gmail accounts.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Gmail is webmail and Outlook is an email client.

You'll have more text editing features with Outlook and you'll be able to embed images.

The advantage of webmail over an email client is being "disposable". I have multiple Yahoo mail accounts I can use for annoying registrations all over the Web. It also protects your email client from spam.

I never give out my Outlook Express account address. I keep it for serious official stuff...

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You ask as if G-Mail is an email client. Is it? Or are you talking about Google's email service commonly called gmail?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031250