Why Use IE when you can use Mozilla!!

you can't fling the cow !!! :D :D

Seriously though , I have I/E6..Opera 6 ... Mozilla5.0 rev1.2.1 ... Netscape 6...and the Off By One browser . All just to tinker with, I have found I/E works better with more pages than all the rest. As far as speed goes, Opera and I/E are about the same and Netscape and Mozilla are slower with my dial-up. There really is no reason to stick with one.

I use opera and I/E at the same time often...just my 2 cents :)...Rhett

T

Tuppence2

Hello,

For your information, I can now fling the cow. Are you gloating because I couldn't?

I use Mozilla because it's not Microsoft and is not targetted by virii, etc. so much as I.E.; and Eudora, for the same reason, instead of Outlook Express. I find very little difference in page loading speeds.

:)

Whatever do you mean...everyone knows i am a serious member and only come here for the superb technical advise I recieve....:rolleyes: ;) ...Rhett

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
I had Mozilla on my Linix, and since Peny started this thread I decided to try it on Win98.

I like the way it operates but am I the only one that notices that it does not render fonts very well?

I have a smiley mousetrail on my site. It runs on a small java script. Mozilla doe not let that run.

T

Tuppence2

Hello Jim,

Your smiley mouse tail sounds nice:cool:

Fonts seem to be OK with Win2K. May be a little less crisp. I wanted to use a browser that was more secure than IE, and less open to attack. I have been very happy with it since loading it.

:)

I have the lean version of Netscape 7.1 which I downloaded from www.sillydog.com.
with its multiple tabs it isperfect for fighting with Mr. M, as I type on one tab and search on others.
Cons: No spellcheck
In IE I like the way I can get a second copy of an entire thread, so I can surf from the middle of a thread and then go back to my place.

T

Tuppence2

Hello there,

I find the "tabbed" browsing really good, too.

Penny:)

I agree with Pyrite, the rendering of the fonts is not very good at all. Every site looks completely different from the way I wrote them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts