1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why will my system not write Minidump Files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Intergalactic, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Intergalactic

Intergalactic Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit Home Premium with 4 GB RAM.
    Despite correctly setting up my computer (I believe) to generate Minidump Files e.g. Start up and Recovery, Advanced Settings, and allowing plenty of RAM for paging, I do not generate Minidump Files when executing a forced BSOD using a programme called Whocrashed. I search the system for the dump files to no avail. Will someone please help me around this problem? There are two file attachments illustrating my settings in Windows 7. I am trying to resolve a shutdown error 0x0000009F that manifest itself in BSOD. Even when unforced BSODs happen no Minidump Files are produced.
    Thanking the forum in anticipation.

Attached Files:

2. Lance1

Lance1

Uncheck the box Automatically Restart The system should create a dump file. When it does upload it here for review.

3. Intergalactic

Lance
    Thank you so much for taking the time out to respond. I followed your instructions and turned off Automatically Restart, unfortunately no mini dump files were produced at all in the system and there is not even a folder in windows. Have you or anyone else any ideas please. This issue is a complete mystery to me.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I noticed in the program you are using to intentionally crash the system, it asks you to type ACCEPT in all capital letters. Are you doing that?

5. Intergalactic

Hello Frank
    Thank you for your response.
    I do use capital letters for ACCEPT and the programme does force a crash. A BSOD evolves and now stays on the screen until I power down. No trace of a mini dump file can be found at all; indeed there is no indication that it is writing one.

6. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I read in another forum about computers not creating minidump files, and a minidump folder did not exist. Are you able to create a Minidump folder in C:\Windows ?

7. Intergalactic

Hello Frank

I have manually created one in the directory stated, repeated the forced BSOD process and nothing happened. An empty minidump folder exists. I find this incredible as I do not have a hint of what is going on. It seem in an attempt to resolve my 0x0000009F problem I have compounded it with another issue.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice