1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why won't DVDs play properly?

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by EternalSunshine, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EternalSunshine

EternalSunshine Thread Starter

Hi

I have an iMac (or my boyfriend does anyway), and we are trying to solve a problem with some (Region 2) DVDs. Most DVDs work fine, but some have a specific problem with the 'Select Episode' part of the disc. When we are on the first menu there's 'Play All', 'Select Episode' and 'Audio Options', and when try to select an episode, it doesn't go to that menu, but instead starts the first episode from the start. We try skipping to the end of the episode so that it will hopefully continue onto the next, but it just goes back to the main menu. It also happens when we click on the 'Audio Options'.

We know the discs are OK as they work on other computers and DVD players.

If anyone knows how to solve this it would be very much appreciated!

(Please don't roll out too much jargon if possible, I have a very basic understanding of computers.)

Thanks,

L
    (UK)

2. Headrush

Headrush

Sounds odd. I would suggest downloading a free application called VLC which can also play DVDs.

Trying playing the DVD with it and see if it exhibits the same problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice