1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why won't games run after adding DSL?

Discussion in 'Games' started by derfderf, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derfderf

derfderf Thread Starter

Help!

I just added DSL (SBC Yahoo) to my home PC, and now no games will run, and system performance stinks. I also added a netgear wireless router.

The specific games are Europa Universalis (EU) and Carmen Sandiego Jr. Both worked properly days before DSL was added.

When starting up EU, the program starts its normal loading process, but keeps minimizing itself. After 2 or 3 minimizations, the program hangs. Video and Audio work as expected during the loadin process, except for the minimizations, of course.

The system is extremely slow for all purposes, and is prone to hanging periodically. The SBC DSL tech has no ideas here, other than to point out that the PC is 3 years old.

The DSL and wireless services themselves are working great.

Any ideas?

My system specs are:

Win98, Dell Dimension 500cx w/ 500 MHz Celeron, SBC Yahoo DSL with Netgear wireless router.

I appreciate any suggestions.

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

try disableing the sbc/yahoo browser in startup and just use ie explorer. that should help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/179923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice