1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why won't my MONITOR work right?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by helpseeker, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpseeker

helpseeker Thread Starter

I've had this AcerView 54e SGVA 15" monitor for about 8 years. It came with my Win95 computer and worked fine. Recently, I used it temporarily on a Dell WinXP machine; worked fine. I "borrowed" it for a Win98SE machine and couldn't get it to work right. On bootup, it displays the DOS screens, and then the Windows start screen, but then I get nothing but a screen full of wavy horizontal lines. I tried it on another Win98 computer, with the same mobo, and got the same results. So I put it back on the Win95 machine, and it works fine. What gives? And is there something I can do to make it work with the Win98 machines?

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like the 98 machine has other problems such as video card issues.

3. helpseeker

helpseeker Thread Starter

My other SVGA monitor works fine on both those 98 machines.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It sounds like the resolution or refresh rate is too high for the monitor to handle. You can try lowering the settings in Safe Mode or using a monitor that does work on the computer. The refresh rate is under the Advanced settings of Display Settings and you should try lowering it to 60Hz.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice