Why won't shutting down XP close Outlook?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

macevhicz

Hello!

This is not a super-traumatic problem, but one that causes annoyance regularly...

I wonder why, when I shut-down XP Pro, it will close most applications (firefox, Adobe products), but not Microsoft Office (2000) applications?

Anyone know how to make it close even these applications?

Much appreciated!

Are you shutting down without closing your MS -Office applications or are you shutting down from a 'clean' desktop without any apps visibly open?

macevhicz

Well, I'm in the habit of shutting down with whatever apps I've been using still open, and letting Windows close them while shutting down.

However when Outlook is open when I shut down, it will not close, and I get an error message stating that I must close all Microsoft products prior to shutting down.

I've mentioned this to a friend and he told me that on his machine, it WILL close Outlook. He thought there may be a setting that can be changed to allow Microsoft apps to close automatically on shutdown, but I haven't been able to find one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online