1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

why wont this game work

Discussion in 'Games' started by jellofellow, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jellofellow

jellofellow Thread Starter

i dont get it. i got doom 3 for pc from my friend and it says that u need 1.5 GHz and 384 mb of ram and a 64 mb graphics card. the thing is that i have 3.2 GHz and 512 ram and a 128 mb graphics card. and when i play a game its really choppy. im talkin like 5 frames per second or less. THATS REALLY BAD. i dont know what to do. i just ordered another gig of ram before i got the game. will that help or is it just the game?

2. remaja

remaja

What's the minimum system requirements for Doom 3?
    try this site.
    www.srtest.com/

3. Jones

Jones

Question is, which nVidia card do you have?

For example, I used to have an FX5200 with 256 mb on it, and Doom 3 wouldn't run smoothly at all. I'd have to turn the graphics quality settings way down before it would be playable.

4. jellofellow

yeah it was my video card. i went to that site and everything else more than passed so i guess that video card was a waste of 50 bucks. ill just take it back and get another one i guess.

5. Kramer55

Kramer55

When you get another video card, you should spend (at the bare minimun) atleast 100$ in order to run Doom 3 and other games.

6. jellofellow

i have an intel celeron D prossesor, and i dont know if the D stands for dual core like the pentium D. ive heard that it is dual core and that it isnt. so is it or not????

7. Jones

Jones

8. jellofellow

then what does the D stand for

9. Jones

Jones

Not really sure. I'd bet Intel might be able to tell you. ;)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice