Why won't voice to text capitalize proper names?

bj nick

I have a Samsung S9+ set to use Gboard, (though on "spelling correction" it indicates "Samsung Keyboard"-- and says it's using that for the "Default spell checker.")

I use voice to text all the time, and I don't understand why obvious proper names aren't always capitalized. I'm not talking about "Mark" or "Bob," words like that, which can also be simple nouns. I mean like with "Steve," or "Barbara," or "Williamsport," etc, etc. Almost always lower case. Somewhere there's a setting I'm not checking, is my guess, but I'll be darned if I can find it. Thanks for assistance with this.

Maybe it does that to avoid complains from people who have uncommon names. "what do you mean that my name is not a proper name!!!!"

Last edited:

bj nick

Yeah, I checked that right away, seems as it should be; I have pretty much everything enabled. I don't see any reference online as far as Gboard settings related to capitalizing proper names....I've looked around.....usually I get directed to "samsung keyboard," which I do not like. Used it, don't care for it. Gboard searches were fruitless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online