1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why would MS WORD want to access the internet?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by starchild, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

I had Zone Alarm in for several months, took it out (to see if it was interfereing with using WMP for streaming audio) and a few weeks later put back in again.

Today, I copied something from a website and opened WORD 2000 to save it, and a ZA alert came up saying MS WORD would like to access the internet, and YES- NO (and a box to check to save the answer from now on).

I checked NO and Word opened the way it always does.

Word is a program in my computer, I was saving something in a file on. What would it want to access the internet for? Does it put cookies on when it's opened with the computer connected to the internet?

I save posts from websites a lot, and don't remember seeing this before.

I might have and just checked YES out of habit, because I thought it was required. Maybe when I had ZA in before I had checked YES and to save the answer, so didn't see it again?

~ Carrie

2. Nok1

Nok1

If you're concerned post that this is something harmfull, proceed to post a HJT log. Download HijackThis from here. Make a new folder for the program and then open it, click Scan. When it finishes scanning, do no remove anything but instead save the log and post it here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice