1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why You Portection????

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Baldeagle001, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldeagle001

Baldeagle001 Thread Starter

WHy use Protection??? This is why!!! I did any experment with out the protection. (This info is really meant for those that don't beleave it protection)
    Here is what I did.
    I went to a lot of different sites. I also went to a lot of the sites in SpyWare Blaster as unsafe site. And unsafe they are. I only hit about 30 different sites. And as many new users would do I said yes to the different things that would pop up and say you needed to down load this software to view there site. That is when AVG would say Viruses ditected. But sence it was a test I ignored it. And keep going on. This happened a lot. SO it was detecting the problems. But as some one with out this protection would not detect these problems. They would have no Idea what was going on.
    It was running a lot slower. I then hit Control,Alt,Delet to see what was running. Well there were 20 new items running I didnt put on my machine. Plus the machine locked up seven time and had to reboot. That is when I ended the test. A lot of new users would just keep using it.
    But then I scaned my computer with AVG it found over 100 viruses,and Trojans. And a lot were embeded. Then I also ran Spybot it found a lot of spyware too. So to any new users. Beware!!!!!! Use the security software it will protect you. There is a lot of very good software out there and a lot of it is free to use for personal use. So please us it. As it will safe you a lot of problems in the future. Plus dont forget to check for update. As all the security in the world is no good with out the updates.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice