1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-fi cam viewing in browser, possible ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mrcobra, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

I have a Merkury smart wifi camera https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merkury-...MIkbafx6W03wIVjovICh1lNQvrEAQYASABEgJPBPD_BwE

I use the geenie app as suggested in the set up instructions. It got me wondering. If this camera is connected to my network, is there a way to view it through a web browser ? My first thought is yes simply because it's my network but damn if I can figure out anything past that lol.

Thank you in advance.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Apparently there's an app that runs these cheap cameras. It's called Geeni. That app can be synched with Windows 10's Cortana. How it works I do not know, but here's a link to an article their Support Page which tells you how.

https://support.mygeeni.com/hc/en-u...How-to-sync-Microsoft-Cortana-with-Geeni-app-

But that doesn't answer your question. I couldn't find anything anywhere on their, in my opinion, terrible support site, nor anywhere else.
    Have you tried to open a webbrowser and type in the IP address of the camera?

I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything. If I do? Then I'll return here with more info.

3. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

Yes as stated I am currently using the geenie app, this is my first attempt at a cam and I wasnt going to spend a fortune simply for the fact that I want to know what I can do with them first. I agree though it is a cheap camera. I appreciate the help. No I have not tried to enter the ip of the cam into a web browser as I do not know it lol....remember ,this is my first attempt

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You can use any of the myriad of network scanners to find the IP. It also should be in your router under either Connected Devices or DHCP Clients. Note that the DHCP may only display the MAC address.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!