Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wi-Fi Changing Overnight

527 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Matt0312 
#1 ·
I have a situation with my Internet speeds and DNS, Two days ago the internet was fine our speed was normal and overnight our download speed dropped drastically and will constantly lose connection and the reason being "DNS server may be unavailable". It has slowed all devices on the wi-fi and will disconnect on every device, I have flushed DNS, tried using a different DNS, updated firmware on router, and of course reset modem and router. We have Century Link as an internet provider and Netgear modem and router.

#2 ·
Does this problem only happen at night, or is it constant now and just happened to start one night?

Same problem with a computer connected by ethernet to the router? If so, by a computer connected to the modem?

#3 ·
It started overnight and has occurred ever since. The speeds when plugged into the router are nearly the same, but when plugged into the modem it jumps about 2mbps up to 8mbps on download speed, our plan in only 12mbps. Since the problem our speed has been anywhere from 2mbps to 5mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.