1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-fi connection issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Altair410, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altair410

Altair410 Thread Starter

Hi,

A few days ago my internet stopped working, I managed to fix it by moving my modem to the other phone connection port in the house. However, ever since I moved it, it hasn’t connected to any computer in the house. It connects to phones, tablets, consoles but no PC will connect to it. I tried to connect via Ethernet instead of wireless. Also, it shows other connections that are available (my neighbors), but not mine. My modem is on a 5ghz wave but has both 5 and 2.4ghz types of connections. I have no idea what to do, I know it’s not my wireless connection card (don’t know exactly what it’s called) because I couldn’t use the Ethernet cable. Another weird thing is that it doesn’t connect to either of the two computers in my home, the connection just doesn’t show up in my available networks. Both computers are on windows 10 and are laptops. Thanks heaps, I appreciate any help.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Ethernet connections do not show up in the wireless connection pop up. It just works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice