1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wi-fi connection on belkin router

Discussion in 'Games' started by Treasurerat, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Treasurerat

Treasurerat Thread Starter

my wife and son want me to lower the security level on my belkin wireless router so they can play against each other on their nintendo DS's...every thing i have tried will not work..i had to correct a problem with a portable phone jamming my router and wonder if that may have been to thing that kept the change from happening..?.i have a was setting on it now and was thinking that if i can get the stupid thing to change to a wep security that it will work..any ideas on this subjet will be greatly helpful...belkin offered no help..couldnt understand the person on the other end of the line...thanks:)

2. burnthepc

burnthepc

I'm not that great at network stuff I'm afraid. What I can say is that I've had trouble getting Belkin routers to work in the past. (Allowing two PCs access to the same internet IP.)

I spent two days messing with the settings, calling the helpdesk and finally gave up taking it back to the shop. I swapped it for a Netgear one.

The Netgear one worked first time.

I'd suggest seeing if you can swap it at the store if it's new, or asking round to see if anyone has an old or can let you borrow, a Netgear router.

3. Treasurerat

thanks for the reply..i will check into replacing the router 4 sure

4. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

Belkin routers (most of them anyway) at the moment are not compatible with nintendo ds wireless technology.
    The reason being the belkin router having no method to limit the transfer speeds from 54G to 1 to 2 mbits/sec.

I have this same problem at home with my router and DS.
    There are ways around it but its really complicated to get working and really not worth the effort because of the amount of configuration changes on the routers themselves.

Much more advisable to get a ds compatible router. Like the netgear for example that "burnthepc" was talking about.

5. Treasurerat

Thanks again guys..the guy that built me my system told me he bought the belkin due to router limited supply at the Micro Center store ..so i will go out and get what you suggested
    thanks again

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice