Wi Fi is hacked into

A VPN will be of use here, it is designed for use on public Wi-Fi (hotspots like at Starbucks) and will shield your activity from others on the same network.

Please try to recall how you arrived at your conclusion that someone is spying on you. List all relevant points. If you are not tech savvy, you could easily arrive at an incorrect conclusion.

Last edited:
Because of things that is going on here that I 've piece together. It's a situation.
But what exactly are those things going on? It may even be a misunderstanding if you let me or someone who knows more about this know what these things are then we can help you out. Give every detail and the full story of what's going on and if you did anything/downloaded anything right before this happened.

Warhol

Hello, I tried to get help before but I am still having much problems.
The private Wifi connection that I share has been hacked into. When I sign in numerous people log in at the same time and able to read and see exactly what I am doing and can change and delete emails that I receive. ( they know my passwords even though I changed it numerous times ) I tried to use a vpr but that does not work. Is there anything that I can do or download to prevent them from doing what they do to me. I am not in a position to get my own WiFi provider at the moment. I have no kind of privacy. Can anybody help me, this is a serious matter.
Thank you.

TerryNet

Terry
2twenty2, thanks!

Warhol, please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Since you wanted to pick up this thread again you should have Reported it and asked for a moderator to open the thread for you. As you can see I have opened the original thread and merged in your new one.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sharing a private Wi-Fi service may be violating the ISP's TOS. Is this a family member's service you are using?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Warhol
In order to try and make some progress
You say as below.

The private Wifi connection that I share has been hacked into. When I sign in numerous people log in at the same time and able to read and see exactly what I am doing and can change and delete emails that I receive. ( they know my passwords even though I changed it numerous times ) I tried to use a vpr but that does not work. Is there anything that I can do or download to prevent them from doing what they do to me. I am not in a position to get my own WiFi provider at the moment. I have no kind of privacy. Can anybody help me, this is a serious matter.
Thank you.
You also say
I did not have enough space to download.
I 've been having issues with the connection for about 2 1/2 years.

Please answer in numbered order as below, the following points in emboldened text.

1. Whose private network is it you are sharing and IF it requires a key - how did you obtain this.?
(Note as my colleague has commented)
Sharing a private Wi-Fi service may be violating the ISP's TOS. Is this a family member's service you are using?
2. One of the site rules is
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving"
We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.
Therefore in regard to point 1 and this rule
Please provide details of HOW you got permission to share this connection?

You say
I 've been having issues with the connection for about 2 1/2 years
Are these 2 and a half year long issues all with the same shared connection?

You also say
When I sign in numerous people log in at the same time and able to read and see exactly what I am doing and can change and delete emails that I receive.
DO YOU MEAN sign into the shared wireless connection?

5. On what device is this shared connection in use - a computer/laptop etc running Windows - and if so which version of windows
An Android device such as a tablet or smart phone. etc.?

Note please provide the answer in detail -

6. As this situation has prevailed for 2 and 1/2 years it is reasonable to presume that you have taken other steps to solve this before asking for advice on this site. Whilst we welcome your enquiry and are keen to assist if possible - bearing in mind that we will likely not assist if you are contravening the rule at point 2 - please

List what steps you have taken to try and solve this. IF you have permission of the ISP - for instance one connection in a shared property - then what please did the ISP report regarding your problem and who else has been consulted for advice please.? (I do not mean other sites such as this one - but have any official agencies been consulted)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online