1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-fi: No hardware installed

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by arora03, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arora03

arora03 Thread Starter

My Macbook Pro (Early 2011 model) has suddenly got a cross mark in the wifi symbol. I am unable to connect to wifi networks, it just doesn't show me any options. I have ran a hardware test but that resulted in no errors. Any tips on what I can do to fix it? Image attached for reference.

Attached Files:

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

DO you still get internet access through ethernet cable?

3. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

I forgot to ask...Have you checked your router?

4. arora03

arora03 Thread Starter

I do indeed yes. That is how I am currently have to access the internet on it.

5. arora03

arora03 Thread Starter

I doubt the router has any impact on it as the wifi icon dropdown is not showing any wifi networks at all when it normally shows quite a few in proximity.

6. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Assuming you ran disk utility and it showed no issues, sounds like your wifi card has gone south :( You did run Network troubleshooting (without the ethernet cable) and it showed no issues?

This happened to me on my MacBook Pro, early 2011. I don't know why but I had to reinstall the software to get it to wifi again. I simply restored from Time Machine. You could back up and try a restore. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :(

MacBook Pro Models are known to slowdown as they age (as mine did) which can create issues.

7. Ethanwalker

Ethanwalker

First Name:
    Ethan
    Hey,

My friend Alex has the same problem that you are faceting. He tries too much to solve that on himself but can solve that then he is going to one shop. I think its name is Tech Expert. They help to figure out get a same-day fix at an extremely affordable rate, totally genuine spare parts.

They a repair service provider offers quick, quality & reliable service with a 3-month warranty and all of these backed by the trust.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice