Wi-fi: No hardware installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arora03

My Macbook Pro (Early 2011 model) has suddenly got a cross mark in the wifi symbol. I am unable to connect to wifi networks, it just doesn't show me any options. I have ran a hardware test but that resulted in no errors. Any tips on what I can do to fix it? Image attached for reference.

Attachments

arora03

I forgot to ask...Have you checked your router?
I doubt the router has any impact on it as the wifi icon dropdown is not showing any wifi networks at all when it normally shows quite a few in proximity.

Assuming you ran disk utility and it showed no issues, sounds like your wifi card has gone south :( You did run Network troubleshooting (without the ethernet cable) and it showed no issues?

This happened to me on my MacBook Pro, early 2011. I don't know why but I had to reinstall the software to get it to wifi again. I simply restored from Time Machine. You could back up and try a restore. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :(

MacBook Pro Models are known to slowdown as they age (as mine did) which can create issues.

Ethanwalker

Ethan
Hey,

My friend Alex has the same problem that you are faceting. He tries too much to solve that on himself but can solve that then he is going to one shop. I think its name is Tech Expert. They help to figure out get a same-day fix at an extremely affordable rate, totally genuine spare parts.

They a repair service provider offers quick, quality & reliable service with a 3-month warranty and all of these backed by the trust.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online