1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-Fi: Palm-Linksys-Verizon DSL...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jupjazz71, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupjazz71

jupjazz71 Thread Starter

Palm Tungsten C can't connect via Linksys' most popular Wi-Fi plus 4 plug LAN router (BEFW11S4) and via Verizon DSL but used to...

1) This Linksys router connects new XP PC and old Win 98 PC by LAN flawlessly via Verizon DSL.
    2) Linksys router previously connected this Palm and an old Win 98 Sony laptop via Wi-Fi flawlessly too. Palm has built-in Wi-Fi; Sony had a Linksys Wi-Fi PCMCIA card. Sony laptop since died for other reasons, needs to go to factory, and then the Palm I frankly "blew up" and completely reinstalled from factory CD after misapplying some add-in 3rd party Palm software...gave it a rest.
    3) Now 3 months later after a busy travel summer, new, "clean install", working Palm still can't work to get email and web via Wi-Fi...
    4) Palm tech support can't find something in their Palm and O/S I'm doing wrong, thinks external problem: a firewall or Linksys or Verizon DSL setting?
    5) Now I'm starting with Linksys tech support, they are initially advocating static IP and static DNS instead of automatic IP and automatic DNS, but that alone doesn't seem to work tonight.
    6) Linksys dealing with this because Palm works fine otherwise and Verizon DSL works fine for the two PCs LAN-connected through the same Linksys router...
    7) Why can't I connect my Palm for email and web use now? Like I said, it worked fine out of the box in June 2003 with all the default settings, fantastically well on this same system combination.
    8) I'm in Redondo Beach, CA (Los Angeles) if that makes a difference. I've been thinking of calling Verizon DSL tech support too but frankly don't know where to start with them except describe the same problem...out of my league and clueless.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice