1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-fi says no internet.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jezy, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezy

Jezy Thread Starter

So I'm using an HP Split, and when I restarted the computer it showed up with no internet. There were a ton of BSODS and a clean boot got rid of them all. Then after troubleshooting it said that there was not valid ip address, so I changed it to static and started using the cloudflare dns server. But now it still says no internet and when I troubleshoot it can't find anything. I'm on Windows 10 by the way. Thanks for the help.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Troubleshoot by using PING in Command Prompt.

Ping the following:

ping abc.com
    ping 8.8.8.8
    ping <default gateway>

If the default gateway pings but not the rest, check to make sure there is nothing in the router that could be prevent the connection, otherwise restart your router as well as removing the network information in Manage Network Connections.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice