1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wi-Fi will not connect to full strength network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SuperT, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperT

SuperT Thread Starter

I have recently started having trouble with my home network for what appeared to be no reason. I tried to search but came up with no helpful results.

We had our network set up using a Cisco wrt310n router and it was working great. Then suddenly we started having connection issues with anything wireless. There are 2 PS3's, 2 laptops, and 1 iPhone, 2 desktops but they are always plugged in and never skip a beat. When plugged in(where applicable) everything works just fine. So I changed the router to a D-Link wbr-2310. Network worked for a few days, but the wireless connection was a bit slow. Then it suddenly dropped wi-fi alltogether. I updated drivers, updated firmware. And then the D-link stopped working even when wired, but thats a story for another time. So I plugged the Cisco back in, network up again. Worked for a few days and now I cannot connect wirelessly. I have my laptop in the same room as the router, it lists signal strength at full but says "did not receive any response from wireless router" and gives me a link to trouble shoot low signal... I have tried a lot of different tricks and settings and nothing has helped at all.

I have also noticed there are a lot of wireless networks in my area, I live in a townhouse complex. Each unit is seperated by a double garage, and backyard space. Last night I was detecting 11 networks. I tried using a different channel but no results.

This isnt just an issue with one device, its every device I try and connect wirelessly, and with different routers.

I would love to get this solved...

2. onsite

onsite

could be a fragment of something past wireless in the tcp/ip stack...go to device manager click on your netwok adapter, not the wireless, then right click and click uninstall, do not check the box to delete the drivers off the system. Then go to the top, highlight your computer name, go to action, select detect hardware change, it will re-install ur network card along with a new tcp/ip stack. or just reboot

3. SuperT

SuperT Thread Starter

Im not sure what you are suggesting I reboot, but I restarted my PC and suddenly my laptop actually connected, it was slow but connected. The PS3's I cant do much with them, and they get turned on and off sometimes several times a day. And the other PC gets shut down every night. I restarted the router a few hours ago so I haven't done it again yet. Did restarting my PC actually do something or was it a coincidence? If I'm on the right track I wanna keep going down it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice