1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Widows 7 Desktop Gadget Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TuscorLloyds, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TuscorLloyds

TuscorLloyds Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have recently developed a windows 7 desktop gadget and im having trouble with the setup,

I have compressed my gadget folder (ie. samplegadget) and given it the .gadget extension (samplegadget.gadget) I have then uploaded the zip file to my web server and am trying to install it from this online file.

I download the file, then click 'install' when prompted but when I then try and add the gadget to my desktop its not in the list of gadgets.

Am i missing something?

Please Help
    Thanks in Advance
    Nick

2. mel8again

mel8again

3. TuscorLloyds

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I want to make the app public, ive already seen this webpage and it does actually say how to package the app but Ive followed it to no avail.

Any other advise would be great...

Nick

4. TuscorLloyds

Nobody has problems with this before who can offer any help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice