1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wierd drop in fps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rkowatch, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkowatch

rkowatch Thread Starter

alright... i've got a nvidia geforce 8400 gs

it's connectd to a p5vd2 se

processor Intel Pentium 4631 HT

2 gb 5300 crucial ram

when i first got everything going on all my games i wasn't getting anything lower than 100 fps

then one day it seemed like i couldn't get over 20 even sometimes as low as 15 on most games (i have Jedi Academy set to 20 cl_maxfps 20 due to slow internet connection) but i havn't done anything with the other games...

at first i thought 'well it isn't really a super high end video card... so i turned all the settings down... and it didn't help or change it... so then i went to tne nvidia website and downloaded forceware 169.21 which was recommended by the nvidia website for my card...

if anyone has any suggestions as to what the issue might be... chime in... the games seem to play pretty good... but at times seem a little choppy... and i'm not running any game that's the recomended requirements are even close to my system so i would guess it's the video card...

thank you in advance

-rk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice