1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wierd jibberish and red x on buttons

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Roneevans, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roneevans

Roneevans Thread Starter

I am having a problem with web pages that load showing jibberish and buttons loading with red x. Some pages just show blank and have to try to hit refresh to get some to load, but usually they load the jibberish. At times pages will load with pictures or text that is overlaped. The jibberish usually starts with the letters" h .t .t p ./" and then a bunch of other stuff that makes no sense to a newbie like me. Any ideas :cool:

2. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

what OS are you using, and what web browser are you using?

3. Roneevans

Roneevans Thread Starter

i have windows xp home edition, and have explorer version 5.1 (service pack 2)

4. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

upgrade IE to the latest.
    (do a google search for IE upgrade)
    and try using firefox web browser.
    www.mozilla.org

5. Roneevans

Roneevans Thread Starter

if i try the firefox, do i have to reset anything im my pc or does it automatically set as a default. Im a little ignorant when it comes to computers. i mostly use it for playing daoc. What is the latest version of explorer, is mine way out of date?... and thank you for the response

6. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

no, when you install firefox; it'll ask you if you want to export all your bookmarks to firefox from IE.

7. Roneevans

Roneevans Thread Starter

I updated IE and it didnt do it, so i updated macromedia flash and all seems to be in working order for now :) Thanks for your help. I have not tried firefox as of yet, but i have heard good things about it.. just want to read up some more....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!