1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wierd Lines and blocks on Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seany12345, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seany12345

seany12345 Thread Starter

lo all

I give you my specs first then tell you the problem and hopefully you can help me :)

Asus P5K Premium
    Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
    BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC2 320MB PCIe
    2x1 GB Corsair Dominator
    2x150 GB WD raptor in raid0(stripe)
    Enermax 850 Watt PSU
    Vista Home Premium

I was playing crysis demo when the game crashed and my PC froze so I rebooted only to have these unusual blocks appear on the POST screen and then on the windows loading screen. When the windows loading screen finished my screen went black and nothing happened so i rebooted into safe mode reinstalled graphics drivers and rebooted. didnt work!
    so I back into safe mode, uninstalled drivers and rebooted. this time windows loads normally and I get default crappy vista drivers for my GC. however there are annoying lines running down the screen. so I check monitor on another PC. Works fine.
    now the most annoying thing is that I cannot screenshot these lines. they dont capture.:eek: I dont have a camera either.
    I cannot think of a good way of describing them while in windows, there just still lines going vertically though my montiot but pre-windows on one screen after POST I get blocks of colour with < and ? symbols in them.

so i checked all connections inside and outside PC. refitted the GC. still with the annoying lines
    I even left my pc off for 30 minutes! no joy.

any ideas??
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice