1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wierd Marks showing up in MS Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by phatbass, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phatbass

phatbass Thread Starter

I do not know what these marks are called, but they are the L shaped marks one in each corner on the page (see attached image). I do not know how they got there, and now it is really annoying to see them. They also show up in the print preview so I haven't printed anything yet because they might show up. Does anyone know what they are called, and how to get rid of them? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

From memory they appear if you have installed any language packs?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

4. Franghurst

Franghurst

Hey, that is weird. I spent 15 minutes trying to get those marking on my Word and couldn't recreate them. They are obviously border/margin markings. I thought perhaps that it was connected to the "Paragraph Markings" with is the backwards P icon but that wasn't it. Then I tried the margin controls but no. I look forward to finding out just what the heck they are!

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

6. phatbass

phatbass Thread Starter

They are gone thanks. It was the language packs, but the odd thing here is I installed a chinese one about a month or two ago and never saw them until today, I wonder why they came up today. Thanks so much for the help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice