Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
807 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
So i built a new gaming pc for my brother. However it doesn't boot(no post) but the wierd thing is that sometimes it boots but only when the psu is outside of the case or if the whole computer is outside basically no case at all but everything else is there. Whenever I put everything inside the case it just wont show anything on the screen. Everything is spinning but no beep and no signal. PLEASE HELP. I looked everywhere I haven't found anyone that even has a similar problem

#3 · (Edited)
When everything is outside it always boots however when only the psu is outside it boots but only sometimes like 5% of the times most of the time it doesn't boot.
The parts are
Gigabyte motherboard A320M-S2H
CPU ryzen 3 1200
GPU RX 570
ram X2 hyperx 8gb 2400 mhz
Psu integrator 500watts
Case old hp pavillion case (which I think is the problem)

#7 ·
I have used this coolermaster case on a number of builds; works very well.
https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-haf-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119233
If you are going to use liquid cooling, then go with a more high end case that is designed for liquid cooling.
Just an observation on your choice of parts;
1 Motherboard is an entry level board ie NOT designed for any type of gaming
2 Ryzen 3 is again an entry level processor. Great for running office, email, etc; again NOT for gaming
3 Pw supply. As Allan pointed out, you need a quality pw supply

There is a LOT more to a gaming system than simply installing a video card.

#8 ·
Be sure you fit the new board in the case correctly.
How to install a new board in a case;
1 Remove the IO plate that comes with the case. You will use the one that comes with your motherboard
2 With ALL standoffs removed from the case, place the board in the case and mark where you need to install standoffs. Use a pencil, sharpie, whatever. Do not install standoffs in any other hole
3 Install standoffs in the places you marked
4 Install the IO plate. Place the board on the standoffs and slide into the IO plate
5 Secure with screws. Do not over tighten; you are not torquing cylinder heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.