1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wierd power up problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mainframept, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mainframept

mainframept Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I seem to have a rather unusual problem while trying to power up my PC. As usual, last night i unplugged the power strip where my PC is connected and today´s morning when i connected it to the wall socket i tried to power up my PC but with no success. I noticed both the power led on the motherboard and mouse were on but with an usual twist, they were intermittent (fast but noticeable) and as soon as they went back to normal mode (no more intermittency) i was able to power up the PC and all was good with the exception of W7 detecting "new" HW, the network card which wasn´t working properly. Later today i turned him on, again had all the same symptoms including the HW detection but this time the network card was working properly.

If i use stressing SW like Prime95 everything works fine so this problem only manifests itself when i turn electricity on which is mind blogging to me.

I tested the wall socket, power strip and the power cable and all are working fine so i guess it comes down to either the 2 year old mobo or psu, in either case right now i´m kinda out of ideas so any tip is more than welcome!

Specs: LC 700W Hyperion P6T Deluxe v2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice