1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wierd problem with Movie Maker, Can't save files to my C: disk

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Challebjoern, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Challebjoern

Challebjoern Thread Starter

I've tried it all.
    I gave up the project and just tried to make a movie from just a single picture i draw in mspaint, but still no success.

Then I am about to finish the movie and pressing the final button to start to render it I just get a message that says "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free desk space available, and then try again"

I use Windows Vista Home 32bits.

Hope you have any idea of what the problem could be, Thank you alot.

Regards, Mattias.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    In which folder are these files attempting to be saved in?

3. Challebjoern

Challebjoern Thread Starter

I made a folder on the c disk called movies. But still no success.

I got the version 2.6 of movie maker.
    and i got windows vista home basic.

Someone told me that movie maker isn't compatible with vista home basic, know if that's true? Feels like I've tried everything now to get that movie saved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice