1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wifi Adapter is not detecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mr.NoBoDy, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr.NoBoDy

Mr.NoBoDy Thread Starter

Suddenly from yesterday my wifi adapters are missing from my laptop. Seems after an update might have caused this.

I've windows 10 installed on my asus gl553ve laptop and currently using internet through ethernet cable.
    Things I've tried:

-> tried reinstalling wifi drivers and rollbacking also.(reinstalled realtek and intel proset successfully but installing qualcomm atheros drivers shows "The device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system. Insert or Reinsert now.")

-> tried resetting network settings "winsock" and resetting from network settings.

->restoring to previous restore point before windows update(when wifi was working properly).

Please help me asap as I've so much work pending dependent on laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As showwn in your Device Manger screenshot, you only have three "Network adapters":
    1. Your "Bluetooth Device" is for short-range (local) wireless interconnection of mobile phones, computers, and other electronic devices.

2. Your "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" is your Ethernet adapter, a wired connection to the internet, and to your local LAN.

3. Your "WAN miniport" is a software adapter used by the operating system to access the WAN.
    That's it. There is no Wireless LAN adapter shown. Are you sure you have it turned On?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the wireless adapter is easily accessible through a small cover on the laptop's bottom remove and firmly and carefully reinsert the card. (It may have come loose or have corroded contacts.)

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check the BIOS to make sure that Wireless hasn't been turned off for some reason. Also make sure you don't have the wireless switch turned off.

What is the make/model is your laptop?

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It's an 'asus gl553ve' (as shown in post #1). I think Fn+F2 toggles the wireless.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I wonder if there's a physical switch for the wireless ? Although I don't think that (or Fn+F2) would stop the driver showing up in Device Manager.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I checked the manual and there doesn't appear to be. I am not sure why the hardware decided not to work, but it's possible it's coincidental. If the Wireless is showing enabled in the BIOS and Windows is not showing the device, then the best recourse is to purchase an USB wireless adapter as I don't see any instructions on how to replace the internal one.

Actually now I think of it, maybe updating the chipset may help.

Chipset:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...44.527082779.1542665756-1085651029.1542665756

Wireless adapter drivers.
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...31.527082779.1542665756-1085651029.1542665756

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Wireless/Airplane mode will show if there is a physical wireless connection from what I have seen. If the icons showing then I'm not sure why it's acting up

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice